Monday, May 21, 2012

What Formation? - (Germany) Day 147

This morning's PT was a run to "the stairs" where we then proceeded to head up and down all 500 stairs once, then ran back to post. It was a good workout, but I realized today that running may be one of perhaps many things that are causing me pain. Not only is my knee pretty sore, but my head was killing me all day today. I hadn't thought about it too much until I found out there was something up with my spine (I'll find out exactly what when I have my follow up appointment next week). I just figured I was having headaches everyday and some days were worse than others. I think running with all the bouncing of each step does something to trigger a massive headache all day long. Unfortunately I only have a temporary profile to keep me from wearing body armor and a ruck sack, so I have to run until at least my next appointment.

Work started as usual at 0900. I checked my email and then surfed the internet for a while, then I had to move off the computer to let another use it. I then sat there wondering how and why I got stuck at this job. Coming to work on a Monday is just depressing, I don't think I've ever had a job where I just have no desire to ever go into work. The job is not what I signed up for, and the army in general is not what I had envisioned when I signed up. I thought I would be working on computers and learning all kinds of new technology. I figured my skills would be put to use on a daily basis and I would be proud of everything I have done during my service. Instead, the only time I have actually really done I.T. work is when I went on the FTX and even that was pretty limited. I feel my mind will be as sharp as a butter knife by the time I leave the army. The other thing I don't care for too much about the army is that we always get assigned to do all kinds of various stupid tasks. Guard duty…moving detail…area beautification…staff duty…setup for the ball…you name it…we can do it. I just want to do my actual job! I guess I'm just a little depressed today…I'll get over it…I think I'm just in a bad mood because my head is pounding and it seems like no amount of Excedrin seems to fix it.

As for my actual job today I walked around with SPC JayZ and did some physical inventory of some encryption cards in a couple different offices. I then checked on my TDY pay that I'm supposed to get for the FTX I was on…still in the "reviewing" stage. I turned in paperwork to get my anniversary off because I found out there was a memo put out by the commander saying we can do this…I'm not holding my breath on hearing anything though. Hell I put in my paperwork for the pass this weekend and haven't heard anything yet. I put it in a while ago and haven't heard a word, but that's not going to stop me from going. I've paid for the tickets already. My wife and I will be heading to Spain for a tour on this 4-day weekend. I can't wait! This is one of the main reasons I wanted to get stationed in Germany. It's right in the middle of Europe and I plan on seeing as much as possible while I'm here.

We were told last week that starting immediately we would start having a formation at 1630 everyday and then be released unless there is mission critical stuff to be done in the office. 1630 came and went….everyone just kind of sat in their chairs and looked at each other for a half hour because we had already cleaned up the office like we were told at 1545. Finally at 1700 the NCOIC released us…so much for leaving at 1630 every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment