Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday (FTX Day 14) - (Germany) Day 125

(Due to the FTX my posts may be a little sporadic, I found out the USO offers free Internet and will be toting along my laptop and uploading posts as I get a chance)

This morning we had to work the same shift…0600 until 1200. Today is the day we expected a lot of people to start showing up to get their network access setup, but we didn't expect the majority to come until the second shift which is actually what happened. We all had to sit around the help desk area which can get a little crowded with all of us in there. Since I don't have system administrator rights, I can't log into the system and access Active Directory to get new accounts setup…so I just sit around all day. In order to have system administrator rights I have to have a Windows 7 certification. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to obtain this…and in my current job back in Heidelberg, it's not a requirement…but I'm still going to push for it. That was my entire day at work…sitting around and chatting with whoever was not working one of the 3 computers. We didn't see many people come in until right at the end of the shift. By that time anyone that wasn't on a computer was told they could leave so it would not be crowded as the shift change took place.

I headed to the barracks for a bit, changed and then rode with the air force guys to the food court for lunch. I then had them drop me off at the USO where I video chatted with my wife for a bit and used my laptop for a while. Another guy from work met me there once a TMP was available and we headed back. It's nice to have unrestricted internet access once in a while.

Once back in the barracks we all watched David Chapelle "Killing 'em Softly". It's a stand up comedy and I had heard some of the guys talking about it, but I hadn't seen it yet. So we setup a laptop and a few of us gathered around to watch it…pretty funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment