Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Assault and Rape - (Korea) Day 91


Selfie while riding in the van back from CP Tango

Work call this morning was at 0515. I went to the office and put on all my gear and loaded into a van. We headed out shortly afterward. The morning was the same as yesterday, I arrived and setup all the laptops…only there was an issue with my colonel's laptop. He said "I can't seem to connect". Well that would be because I didn't plug in the network cable… D'oh! After that I helped SPC Roy setup for a meeting and then spent the rest of the day surfing the net and reading the newspaper. For our office this exercise is pretty boring. I helped the admin Master Sergeant work on her resume (she's retiring soon). I also found out why there were protesters yesterday. I guess a PV2 from up north (2ID) assaulted an old man and tried to rape an old woman. The Korean's protesting don't see it as a stupid kid that needs to be punished, they see that as a reflection of the entire US Army. In the other big news of the day an augmentee backed into something and put a dent in the bumper of the van. I wonder what will happen about that??

We got off at 1400 and SPC Roy and I sat in the vans waiting for the rest of the office to leave. It took everyone a good half hour to get out to the vans. We drove back to the office and I ended up in my barracks about 1530. I went to the gym (I have a PT test coming up sometime this month) and then video chatted with my wife. I'm going to take the rest of the night off and relax, I'll start homework again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment