Thursday, March 10, 2011

Going Commando - (Korea) Day 100





I was not allowed to take any photos while in CP Tango, but thanks
to USFK Flickr I am able to share these photos with you. Both photos are
of our 4-star general in command of USFK. All of this command post are under a mountain
and you can see the actual rock on the photo at the top, which some of the hallways are like.
The photo on the bottom shows a typical hallway as the group walks through a huge doorway.
You can't really tell in the photo, but the doors are huge and really thick. I think they could stop
some serious firepower.

Today is our last day of the exercise…my last day at CP Tango for a while. I’m a little bummed I couldn’t take any pictures while I was there, but with the place being top security and all, I wouldn’t want to do anything that would get me in trouble. I'll be happy to get back to getting a little more sleep. It seems that no matter how early I go to bed, waking up at 0400 is too early. Work call this morning was at 0500. The morning was pretty unusual though. Right as I put on all my gear in the office, SPC Roy asked me to open our conference room for him (He doesn't have a key). I opened it for him and didn't think much of it until later on in the day. I went back and hopped in the first van with our colonel. I have to arrive there first so I can get all the laptops setup. Once that was done SPC Roy and I setup for the morning meeting. It was then he told me why he needed up in the conference room back at the office this morning. Yesterday he had some monster poop as I noted. I guess he had another great one this morning and somehow when he thought he was done…he wasn't. He had crap all over his underwear and it was sticking to him again. When he went in our conference room in back at the office, he actually cut off his underwear and threw them away. The rest of the day consisted of him asking me to look at his butt and tell him if I could see any poop stains or anything…that and him saying "free willy" a lot since he was free balling it.

We played some more hangman, this time with the ROK soldiers in the office playing with us. They choose some interesting words at times. After the last meeting we had to have a coin ceremony. The 4-star general in charge had each office select one or two people to receive his coin for doing well on the exercise. I was originally told I would be getting one, then found out that they gave it to the air force master sergeant in our office. They gave it to him because this will be his last exercise and they told me I still have one more. Great…but the person that told me and I think most of the rest of the folks in our office will be gone by then as well. Oh well…I still got my SMG coin. Instead of getting a coin I ended up being the coin holder for the ceremony. We heard the general say they won the war (the exercise is a simulated attack from North Korea and they play war games for two weeks in all the meetings). He thanked everyone for their hard work and then started handing out the coins to all the people in line. I stood with a box full of coins while our sergeant major would grab them and hand them to the general. The ceremony didn't take too long.

After the ceremony we started cleaning up the office. We also packed everything we brought to CP Tango and loaded it into a van. SPC Lee and I took off and unloaded everything back at the office. We then took the weapons back to the armory. We finished and also setup for a meeting that will be going on tomorrow, but for some reason we had to stay until 1700, while the night shift who didn't even come out to Tango came in at 1000 and then got off at the same time as us. I think I got screwed a little being on the day shift, but my hangman skills are much improved. Before we left we were all up in our conference room. SPC Roy told Special K and our KATUSA about his morning incident and Special K mentioned "I wondered why there were underwear in the garbage". That was when SPC Roy pulled his underwear out and proceeded to show us all the damage he did…it was pretty bad, I don't blame him for cutting them off. He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to hurt himself.

I ended up getting home too late to video chat with my wife, so I did my schoolwork and some re-certification studying. Ended my night relaxing with some TV shows and went to bed. Looking forward to the weekend!



the wife

OH! MY! GAWD! just saying.

Friday, March 11, 2011 - 01:19 AM


That guy reminds me of Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Along Came Polly. Little disgusting.

Friday, March 11, 2011 - 02:39 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment