Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sharpshooter - (Korea) Day 106



There are many videos out there of the Japanese Tsunami, but this one is at
street level. It's just amazing to watch the power of the incoming water and
how it moves cars, trucks, and houses right before your eyes.

This morning's work call was a little earlier at 0800 because of the normal Wednesday meeting. This is a meeting I always do down in the secret conference room. I have two laptops an unclassified one and a secret one that I go back and forth with displaying slides for the brass out in the conference room. There is always last second changes and it seems to always be a little of a pain in the butt. The meeting actually lasts from 0930 to 1100, so by the time I finished up it was almost lunch time. My sergeant told everyone to bring their civilian PT clothes today so we could work out at lunch. Because of various things going on, only me and our sergeant ended up going. We played basketball..one on one and I just killed him every single game. I couldn't miss a shot. He kept wanting to play one more, but each time I beat him pretty bad. He finally gave up after 6 games. What a great workout though, I'm going to feel it tomorrow! I headed to my room after that and showered, then ate and video chatted with my wife for a bit. It turned out to be a nice 2+ hour break from work.

When I got back to work I sat down and did SkillPorts for a while. Our sergeant is now requiring all of us to finish at least three courses each week. I was able to finish my third today, so now I don't have to worry about that any more. The big news right now is the earthquake that hit Japan followed by the tsunami and nuclear plant issues. Because of this the network group has cut off almost all websites that are not .mil websites. There are a few exceptions, but that is about it. They want to conserve bandwidth for all the communication that is going on with the support effort. Everyone is a little worried about all the radiation that is coming out Japan's nuclear reactors and hoping it doesn't get too bad. It would really suck if they had a total meltdown and the wind blew all the radiation towards us. I might have to take leave…for a couple years!

After I did the SkillPorts I went up into our conference room where our KATUSA was watching Clash of the Titans on our sergeant's laptop. Later on we were joined by Special K and we watched about half the movie before we were told we could head home. It was only a half hour early, but I'm not complaining.

The rest of the night was the usual stuff…schoolwork and some TV shows. Going to bed on time tonight and I don't have to work until the normal time tomorrow…looking forward to a good sleep tonight.


Yea....crazy video. My sis who is in the AF showed me this link:http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html interesting to see before and after.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 - 11:25 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment