Friday, January 31, 2014

Lefty Pain - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 238


In the chiropractor's office...a lot of solar powered dancing flowers...lol

This morning I woke up and the entire left side of my head was in pain. The entire left side of my brain was killing me! Not only that, but the pain went down the left side of my neck and then my shoulder. I’ve had one side or another hurt before and it basically just sucks. When I’m in pain like this, I really don’t want to do much of anything because life in general just sucks bad! Today I had an appointment with the chiropractor though, and I thought maybe he can do something to help. With this in mind, I didn’t take any pain killers…I just got up and got ready to go.

Morning formation was in winter PTs and I pathetically tried to do some of the warm ups with everyone. I think most of the time I just stood there and perhaps moved my arms around a little. After warm ups I was going to just head to my car, but the first sergeant was right behind me. Instead I walked around the parking lot once with everyone and then broke off from the group. I went and used the bathroom first, just in case someone asked…and I really did need to go. After that I went straight to my car, but it was too cold to sleep and my head was still killing me…so I just tried to relax and listen to the radio.

A little after 0800 I headed into the SFAC and checked my army email and then my medboard status on AKO as usual.

Here’s today’s results for my medboard status on my AKO:

218 days remaining
Start Date: 6/26/2013
Goal Finish Date: 4/17/2014
Estimated Finish Date (No Appeal): 8/8/2014
Estimated Finish Date (W/ Appeal): 9/06/2014

My current step in the process is VA Ratings. My actual time waiting for ratings is 157 days. The army average is now 143.01 days. Current days I am over the army average is 13.99

I then went to my 0945 chiropractor appointment early, normally I can get in to see him early if I happen to be there. That was the case today, I only had to wait about 15 minutes before he brought me back. I let him know what was going on and where the pain was. He did a little manipulation and then massaged my neck and shoulders. Everything was pretty tender everywhere he touched. I was hoping I would at least feel a little better by the time I left, but I still felt pretty much the same. I went back to my car and drove home.

Once home I took my pain meds and broke out the heating pad to place on my left shoulder and neck. I watched a college basketball game on watchESPN and waited for the pain meds to kick in. After about an hour I was feeling much better thankfully. Once the game was over, I did my schoolwork. The rest of the day might turn out OK now!

Later at night my wife and I went to watch our former high schools battle each other in basketball. Unfortunately my Bulldogs fell a little short to her Trojans. It’s always fun to watch high school basketball. The energy and the atmosphere are always a lot of fun. The band, the cheerleaders, the students, and the coaches all made it a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment