Thursday, January 2, 2014

Interdisciplinary Pain Management - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 208

I headed into Ft. Lewis this morning and when I went to the morning formation nobody was there. I’m guessing they either moved it or more likely changed the time. I really don’t care, I just headed back to my car and ate breakfast, then pulled out my blanket and took a nap.

I headed into the SFAC at 0730 when it opened and checked my army email. I received an email from a special forces recruiter…lol yeah right. I then headed up to see my NCM to setup next week’s appointment and also to find out where the pain clinic is located. My NCM called and told me about the appointment, but this will be my first time there. Fortunately it’s easy to find, pretty close to my PCM.

I then passed a little time in my car listening to the radio before heading up to the pain clinic appointment. This first appointment was a group orientation appointment. Their office is officially called Interdisciplinary Pain Management, but for ease of use I’ll keep referring to it as the pain clinic. The orientation included a short video, a PowerPoint presentation, and finally paperwork to fill out. The goal of the pain clinic is to try various ways to reduce pain including what I’m interested in which is massage therapy, chiropractic, and acupuncture. Even the mention of Chinese medicine peaked my curiosity. I just hope that something can make me feel somewhat normal again. Chronic pain every single day really sucks!

After the appointment was over, I took off and headed home for the day. I ate lunch, watched some college basketball and then did my schoolwork. Another day down!

No comments:

Post a Comment