Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Little Hardware Time - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 237

This morning I got up and headed to the naval shipyard in Bremerton. I didn’t realize it at the time, but I totally forgot to send my squad leader a text…oops. I did my usual morning routine and checked my army and navy emails, then surfed the web for a while.

My coworker had setup a spare server for us to use that wasn’t connected to any network. He said there was an error when he was trying to boot it up. He wanted me to open it up and re-seat all the RAM and look for anything else that I could re-seat inside it. I opened it up, and did just that…took out a lot of pieces and put everything back in making sure everything was secure. After that the server booted up fine. I guess we’re going to use this as a training server for us in the future.

I surfed the web some more to pass the time, which started to move really slowly today. I ate lunch at my desk and continued to surf the web. I noticed as I tried to find stuff to occupy my time, that everyone who came in our office to chat with my co-worker hates their job here. I’ve noticed this before, but it just seemed even worse today. The moral here is low and everyone it seems is counting down the days until they can retire. I never really wanted to work here because in truth I’d like to work as far away from a federal government job as I can get. If a job were offered to me though, I’d of course take it if I didn’t have anything else available…a man’s gotta eat! I really can’t imagine working here for real though, I don’t want to hate going to work everyday. The negativity in this entire building can get to you after a while. I really want to work with good people…happy people. Heck, I don’t even know if I’ll be getting a job in the I.T. field when I get out. Technology changes so fast, and I’ll have been standing still for over 4 years while in the army. I guess time will tell what I’ll be doing once I get out.

I left at 1500 and headed home to work on my schoolwork. Another day down, another day closer to getting my degree and getting out of the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment