Friday, January 10, 2014

A Half Day Sounds Good - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 216

Sent my squad leader a text “MOU Today”, then headed into the naval shipyard in Bremerton. I started my morning routine as always checking both my army and navy emails, then surfing the web a bit. I’m going to try and remember to post my medboard status as far as AKO shows each Friday. I check it everyday hoping to see some changes, but I think a weekly update here will give you the idea.

214 days remaining
Start Date: 6/26/2013
Goal Finish Date: 4/17/2014
Estimated Finish Date (No Appeal): 7/21/2014
Estimated Finish Date (W/ Appeal): 8/12/2014

My current step in the process is VA Ratings. My actual time waiting for ratings is 136 days. The army average is now 143.74 days. Current days until I reach the army average is 7.74.

I was supposed to shadow a guy from another office today to see exactly what needs to be done while conducting server checks. He came back and told me the software he uses had it’s trial period expire, so he can’t use it anymore! Guess we’ll try again later. I continued to surf the web until lunch time. I ate lunch at my desk, then decided to leave for the day. I found out my kiddos will be coming over earlier and I need to pick them up from the ferry.

Once I picked up the kiddos, we headed to Costco for a quick bite to eat (for them) and then home. I did my schoolwork while they watched some TV shows. Once my wife got home we all headed out to the movies and saw “Lone Survivor”. I had just watched a great documentary about this guy. The story is about a navy seal team that goes on a recon mission in Afghanistan. They end up surrounded by Taliban and one by one the entire team dies, except for the “lone survivor”. It’s his story about the mission and how he made it out. There are some pretty intense fight scenes and some of them are pretty hard to watch…but the movie as a whole is pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment