Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Please Kill Me Now - (Germany) Day 239

There is no missing that I'm on an army base...
tanks and other vehicles all over the place

This morning I hit the continental breakfast once again…Frosted Flakes, yogurt and some coffee. After that I took my time getting ready in my room before heading over to class. Unlike pretty much everything else in the army, I try not to be early to this class. They do not open the doors until 0800 sharp, so everyone just sits outside waiting and it's already starting to get warm. I am glad I was able to show up a few minutes early though, because I was able to get a couple answers from our homework last night.

The class was similar to yesterday, except no movies. So just a bunch of very dry material being discussed. We would take turns reading paragraphs at times or the instructor would read and discuss. The material is boring as hell…all we do is talk about something and then look it up in the reference manuals. As if I didn't hate ComSec enough already, this class is making me absolutely despise it.

At lunch I headed to the DFAC and then to my room where I took a nap for a bit. Once back at class we had a similar experience as our morning session. All I wanted to do was stand up and run as fast as I can straight into a brick wall…instead I sat in my seat trying not to fall asleep or daydream too much.

We were released at 1600 which was a nice surprise. I headed to my room and promptly changed into a t-shirt and shorts. The weather outside is hot as hell and walking around in full ACUs just sucks. I have sweat through everything by the time I make it back to my room. As far as pain goes today, it wasn't as bad as it has been. I think I'm starting to turn the corner finally. I did have to take 6 headache pills and a muscle relaxer, but it did seem as though it was getting a little better. Hopefully after another good night's sleep it will keep improving.

Dinner was at the DFAC of course, which is about a 10 minute walk from my room. It's still hot outside, but much more manageable in a t-shirt and shorts. Once back in my room I video chatted with my wife for a bit before doing my homework. OMG…It's only Tuesday and I have the rest of this week and next week still to go…AAARRRRGGGG!

I did end up finishing my homework in time to watch a pretty interesting movie called "after.life" staring Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci, and Justin Long (Hello I'm a Mac). It was pretty interesting and not quite what I had expected. I think I'll have to add it to my movie collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment