Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fare Thee Well - (Germany) Day 226

SPC Matrix showing off his parting gift

PT this morning was a run off post in civilian clothes for the normal folks, I headed to the gym with the other profiles where we all chose a cardio machine. I picked the stationary bicycle as usual and had a good no impact workout.

I headed into the office and checked my email, then surfed the web a bit. I had to go over to the bank and pay the speeding ticket that I received yesterday. Since these come in quite a bit, they have set up a system where you can take your money in and pay the ticket right there on the spot. The bank makes the direct deposit and gives you a receipt. I then had to take the receipt back to the office and show our platoon sergeant that I actually paid the ticket, like a little kid. I then had to help my boss inventory two of the safes for the CIP inspection. The difference with this inventory was that we had to take everything out and show it to the inspector who studied each item, which of course made the process take quite a bit longer.

Lunch was at a Chinese restaurant where we had a farewell for SPC Matrix and SPC DubYa. They were each given a little token of appreciation that we all put in a little money for. These are both pretty good guys and I'll be sad to see them go. I had to leave a bit early in order to make my physical therapy appointment. All went well until my spinal manipulation by the doctor, I'm not sure what he did, but I ended up with a bad headache for the rest of the day which sucks…usually I'm feeling pretty good for the rest of the day after leaving.

Back at the office I surfed the web and passed the time chatting with SGT Mex. I did find out a little bit of good news…I don't have to go to the sergeant's time training tomorrow which is up in Landstuhl. They have to do CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, Nuclear) training…i.e. wear the gas mask and all the full body gear. There were rumors that there was going to be a gas chamber as well. Because of the CIP Inspection, I do not have to attend…for that I'm thankful, it would be a crappy day all around doing that all day.

I headed home and spent some quality time with the family. Our time is running short…we spent a lot of time just watching my screensaver on the TV which just goes through random photos I've selected…so it's a lot of fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment