Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Test Day (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 55


This morning sergeant Kent decided since we didn’t run yesterday that we should run today...and run we did. In sergeant Kent fashion we found hills and run up them. At least I’m feeling better now. Even though the run was pretty tough, I wasn’t coughing and hacking all over the place.

We got on the bus to head to class and when we got there we just headed over to the IET center since our class doesn’t start until noon (making sure we didn’t go by Charlie company - you never want to be seen without something to do or else they will find something for you to do) I could get used to this schedule! Once we got in the IET center me and a number of us just sat down and took naps. 

We woke from our naps and went to lunch at 11:00, then class at noon. Today is test day, our Windows Vista class will soon be over. The test was completely hands on. It included installing Vista and setting up some users and groups as well as some other minor stuff. I’m a Mac guy and I think I could have done this test in my sleep. I scored 100% along with about two thirds of the class. The entire class passed though which is the important part.

After class we were informed that everyone in Charlie company and in software classes will have to attend a “changing of responsibility” ceremony. That is just great. So after dinner we had to go rehearse for the upcoming ceremony. So instead of heading back to RBK we had to stand in the sun in formation. We listened to what was going to happen and went back and forth from attention to parade rest multiple times. An hour and 15 minutes later we were able to head off to RBK.

We found out that we also have another rehearsal tomorrow morning instead of PT, that might not be too bad... I need to give my legs some rest as I hear we are having another run day tomorrow at RBK with sergeant Kent.

Overheard Quote: “I can’t believe how much this place sucks” (I heard this from an MOS-T talking about Fort Gordon at lunch as he was getting up to leave)

No comments:

Post a Comment