Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dealing With The Sickness (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 49


Woke up feeling pretty sick this morning. Great…it's a run day too. The funny thing about being sick here is that if you want to go to the doctor because you are sick then you have to fill out a form the night before. Do most people know they are going to be sick the next day? It really doesn't matter in my case because it's the day before our final test in CCNA2, so I can't really miss it. So...back to reality, PT today sucked. We ran and ran until the sergeant could find some hills for us to run. Not only did I have to run, I had to run hills. Maybe the run will sweat out the sickness. By the end of our run I ended up out of breath, snot trying to run out of my nose constantly, and I was hacking and coughing non stop. 

I felt like crap the rest of the day, suffering from your basic common cold symptoms such as a runny nose, a cough, and a sore throat. I took all my drugs that I purchased yesterday, constantly sucking on cough drops throughout the day. This sucks! A cold in the middle of summer.

We finished the last portion of our CCNA2 material and then started to prepare for the final test tomorrow. I feel like we ran out of time with this class. Our teacher was great, but the last two chapters felt really rushed through. I hope that doesn't affect my grade too much.

Normally I would post our syllabus up online, but we didn't actually get one for this class. So I'll summarize it up for all of you. CCNA2 class dealt primarily with routing protocols such as RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, & OSPF. We went over each of them and how to configure them on the routers. 

After class we headed to mail call formation at the company. After mail call the sergeants said they spent a lot of time reviewing the security cameras and they were a little disappointed. The sergeant then paused and stated "How do I put this….there is a lot of grab ass going on". She said guys should not be running around half naked and slapping each other's ass…etc. I say these are young guys who need to unwind and it's their personal time, let them relax and have a little fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment