Monday, July 12, 2010

Volcano Tacos (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 25


Today was pretty uneventful. I did get to sleep in until about 7:45 this morning which was great! We had breakfast, then went down to formation and did our landscaping for a couple hours as usual. It was already hot at 9AM so I knew it was going to be a hot day. I then video chatted with my wife and kids, did homework and then took off to the PX with PFC Metal. I got my head totally shaved (the no maintenance hair cut) and also bought some extra socks and underwear (I seem to go through those quickly). We ate at Taco Bell and I had Volcano Tacos. I love those things, I haven’t had them since before basic.

I had hall guard duty when we got back for a 4 hour shift. What a boring shift. The sergeants have also said that nobody can use electronic devices during guard duty...bummer. I shaved right before formation. Recall formation included a close inspection of everyone’s haircuts and shaves, so I’m glad I did both (even though the shave was the second one today just for this formation).

I tried to video chat with my wife again, but the internet is so bad here it just kept dropping the connection....very frustrating!

Overheard Quote: “You look like you just came out of American History X” (One of my roommates when I came in after my haircut.)


the wife
 
I do like Edward Norton, you know. (wink wink)
 
Monday, July 12, 2010 - 01:47 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment