Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Wrong Hand (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 26


Today we had a pretty good work out. We ran for a while, then when we arrived at a big hill we ended up running up and down it about four times and then ran back. Class went all day long and then we had mandatory study hall right after dinner, so we ended up being at school from 8:00 to 20:00. (Different classes require the mandatory 2 hour study hall. CCNA 1 & 2 both require it, so I'll be at the school for quite a while every day) When we got back to the company area we heard that the new colonel is going to be checking out our barracks. We all had to clean when we got back from school. It's been a long busy day. I did get a few minutes to video chat with my wife. She mailed me my new iPhone today. I'm so looking forward to getting it. I'll be able to take pictures and video and add it to the website. I'll also have music to listen to and I'll be able to instant message friends and family, which is a nice way to keep in touch since I don't have much time lately on the computer.

Funny event happened today. PFC Metal and I were walking back from the chow hall and I saw a captain coming towards us. I thought to myself oh crap…I have to salute this guy. The entire time I've been in the army so far I have never had to salute an officer. So when he was about 6 paces away I said good afternoon sir and then saluted him. PFC Metal saluted him too, but he did it with the wrong hand. The captain stopped and with a confused look on his face he said "one of you just saluted me with the wrong hand. PFC Metal said that he was the one, a mistake because he's just out of basic. The captain then told me to square away my battle buddy and then carried on. LOL

Overheard Quote: "Chuck Norris doesn't mow his lawn, he dares it to grow" (I'm not sure if this is the same private all the time or if there are a lot of fans of these Chuck Norris sayings, but I hear them all the time while in formation…hey we have to find something to do while we stand for a half hour to an hour each time)

No comments:

Post a Comment