Thursday, July 22, 2010

Suicide Prevention (AIT - Fort Gordon) Day 35


This morning everyone in my class and others including MOS-Ts who started around the same time as me all had to attend a special suicide prevention class instead of PT. It turned out to be a little talking from the chaplain, then a “choose your own adventure” movie. We would watch a part of a movie where a soldier had some bad things happen to him (fiance’ left him for his best friend and took all is money, friend died in action and more). During the course of the movie it would stop and there would be a number of choices on the screen that we were supposed to choose depending on the situation. The chaplain chose all of them and we just watched as the soldier decided not to kill himself and get help instead. I think in that situation I wouldn’t worry about killing myself...that guy would have to worry about the time I get back to the states!

We then went to class and took a pre-test which I did fairly well on, so I’m not too worried about tomorrow’s final exam. The final exam is actually the entire grade for the course.

PFC Metal also gave me a cheap little squirt gun that he bought at the store last weekend. It has turned out to be a lot of fun. We’ll be walking around and I’ll shoot someone in the face. It’s quite a shock for them and I get a good laugh out of it LOL. What we do for fun around here :)

During mail formation after study hall Sergeant Cujo called about 15 names with mine and PFC Metal’s included in that list. We all had to meet in the day room after formation. Crap! Just what I wanted...waste more time at the company instead of heading over to RBK. So we all went in there only to hear Sergeant Cujo start talking about integrity and being a good soldier. I was wondering what the heck was going on when all of a sudden he said we’re all getting negative counseling statements for missing formations. What the Sam Hell??? I didn’t know what he was talking about. When he finally gave me the the statement it said that I missed all the formations for the last weekend. I raised my hand and said “um sergeant, PFC Metal and I both moved into RBK on Friday”. He told us we could go. What I don’t understand is why it wasn’t in their computer already and why nobody said anything when they called our names during formation. For being the center of the signal corps in the army, their communication is horrible here.

So we headed off to RBK and got back for another late night with almost no personal time....grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment