Sunday, July 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up (Independence Day 4-Day) - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Days 26 - 29

Just starting to get dark and the fireworks are starting to begin

This 4-day weekend was the 4th of July. We spent the 4th with my family at my grandma's house on the water. It was the first time that I've been able to see a lot of my extended family since I joined the army. It was awesome just hanging out, eating and having a few beers, and just "being" with my family. This is the stuff I really missed while being stationed so far away from my home.

For the rest of the long weekend we hung out at my in-laws quite a bit. We still don't have any furniture or utensils, so we do most of our eating at their house. They had some new furniture that was delivered and we were able to make use of some of the old furniture at our house. Now we actually have a place to sit inside our house while we wait for our furniture to arrive.

I was also able to spend time with my more immediate family at my sisters house. The holiday weekend was pretty awesome…I'm so glad to be back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment