Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Slow Finance Day - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 45

Today it was just one of those days. I think I took a muscle relaxer a little too late last night and was still quite a bit drowsy when I woke up. I was pretty much on autopilot the entire morning. When I arrived for the morning formation, there was nobody there. After texting my squad leader I realized the formation was at the gym. He did tell me during my initial counseling that on Tuesdays the formations were at the gym. I thought that he said "some" Tuesdays and not "every" Tuesday. I had an ACAP class anyway, so I wasn't going to do any PT…he said no big deal and to go ahead and take care of my ACAP class.

I arrived at the class which was located in the same room as yesterday. I realized that while on "auto-pilot" this morning I totally forgot my lunch bag…which also had my breakfast items in it. That sucks! I ended up purchasing a pastry from the vending machine and it was actually pretty tasty! I did remember to bring my coffee, which is a must have! I made my way to the classroom and then sat through a very boring finance class. The class was basically on how to budget along with maintaining your credit and such. This is very basic stuff, which I've been doing since I was a teenager. I think if you're over 30 and you have a credit score over 700, you should be able to get this class waived. What a waste of time. I had to fight nodding off the entire time. The good news was that I was in civilian clothes, so at least I was comfortable.

I headed downstairs at lunch time and had lunch at their mini-subway shop. (again because I forgot my lunch). I then headed to the SFAC and checked my army email…still no word on my household goods. After that I headed to the library for the rest of the day and did my schoolwork, then played around on the internet passing time. When it came time to change out of my civilian clothes so I could head to the end of day formation, I realized that I forgot my hat (patrol cap) back at the house. I can't wear ACUs outside without a hat, so this pretty much screwed me. I headed to the end of day formation in my civilian clothes and just hung out behind where we form up. It turned out that they didn't even form up, the NCO just had everyone gather around him while he stated that he had nothing for us.

What a day…I need to make sure and remember to take my muscle relaxers a bit earlier from now on…when I do actually take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment