Thursday, July 25, 2013

POV Pickup - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 47

Woke up this morning at 0615 and sent my squad leader a text reminding him that I will not be at formation because I'll be picking up my car…I then went back to sleep. I finally got up around 0730 and got ready for the day. I left in civilian clothes and picked up my sister-in-law. She agreed to ride with me to Tacoma and pick up my car. We arrived and the process was pretty simple. I showed them my paperwork and my ID, they had my sign a few things then go out and inspect my car. They put on the temporary plates that were given to me back in Germany for shipping. I signed another paper stating there was no damage during shipping and was able to leave. I had to stop by the customs office which was about a mile down the road and sign another form, but that only took about 5 minutes.

My sister-in-law headed home in my father-in-law's car and I headed to the SFAC in my car. It's good to have it back and not relying on someone else for transportation now! I checked my army email at the SFAC and found out I finally got reimbursed for my hotel stay when I first arrived here. It included not only the cost of the hotel, but meal allowances as well. I ate lunch at the SFAC and then headed to the library to do schoolwork until evening formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment