Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back to the Gym - (Germany) Day 377

Last night I had another horrible night's sleep. I guess I had my mind set on the idea of going into a follow up appointment early next month with my neurologist and having the ball start rolling on getting out. The process is going to take terribly long because it seems each time I need to make an appointment at the pain management clinic, it's going to take almost a month to do. Pain management also wants to try a number of things they hope will help…this means the process is going to take months to finish before I can make the follow-up with my neurologist. It also means I'll be here a lot longer, and in the army a lot longer. I just hope that they can actually fix what is wrong with my head and not just waste a bunch of time.

In other news I headed to work this morning and read. I then read some more, then played some Plants vs. Zombies on my iPhone. Don't get me wrong, having the ability to have my iPhone and iPad in my office with me is awesome, much better than the times when I had to sit and stare at a wall for hours at a time. I did have a break in the norm when the chaplain printed out some PowerPoint slides that I had to look over on some refresher training on security. I then had to take a completion certificate over to our security manager for him to file away.

I had lunch with my wife, then headed back to work where I…you guessed it…read some more. At about 1530, I changed into my civilian PT clothes and headed to the gym. I did a moderate ride on the stationary bike since I haven't been to the gym since the Christmas break! I'll ease into things this week and then get back to normal again next week. I am glad to be back on a normal gym schedule now, I was starting to feel a little lazy doing nothing for so long.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of staying here longer in Germany. There are a ton of things I still want to do and see...and I really do love being here. As far as being in the army, I'm going to just take it one day at a time and try not to look any farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment