Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up (Germany) Days 110 & 111

(Due to the FTX my posts may be a little sporadic, I found out the USO offers free Internet and will be toting along my laptop and uploading posts as I get a chance)

Saturday: I didn't have much planned for the weekend other than getting some rest and relaxation before my FTX that I was voluntold to do. My wife and I hung out around the house for a bit just cleaning up and watching TV shows before heading to the PX to gather some items I wanted to make sure I had for the FTX such as laundry detergent and a German style power-strip along with some US adapters. I found out during my last FTX that all the barracks use the German plugs and I figured this one would be no different.

We then met up with SPC Whirlwind and his wife for dinner at their place. His wife is German and made us a traditional German dinner recipe that consisted of cabbage, some type of noodle with sauce, and beef wrapped up with some veggies inside. I didn't catch the names of everything, but it was all pretty good. We plan on having them over to enjoy some Asian food before they leave. We then went to cosmic bowling and bowled until 0100 with a few others from our company. One of the sergeants just found out he was going through a divorce, so he was "bowling angry". This also included partaking in a lot of drinking for everyone. I had a couple of beers, but decided to leave it at that. The other guys drank beer, then started ordering doubles and triples of jack and coke. It went pretty downhill from there, but it was pretty funny to watch them all try and bowl afterward.

Sunday: Again my wife and I didn't do a whole lot. We wanted to spend the day together because I would be gone for a month. We did make a trip to the commissary, but that was about it for the day. It was all spent eating some of my favorite meals that my wife made for me. Pancakes, bacon and eggs for breakfast and then tacos for dinner. Who knows what the food will be like during the FTX. I then packed everything I needed into a ruck sack and a duffel bag. Luckily I didn't need any combat gear for this FTX. I also do not know what the situation will be for internet access, so I will just write and then update when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment