Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's All in the Details - (Germany) Day 100

This morning for PT we did a run off post in civilian clothes. It was about 3.2 miles and by the end of it I was dripping with sweat. It was a good run and I'm sure I'll be feeling it for the next few days.

Once at work we were told that we were going to have a meeting with everyone, so everyone kind of waited around for a half hour or so until our NCOIC came out and started the meeting. Our NCOIC went over all the issues that were uncovered in the last couple of mini audits that have been going on. We are good right now and we have to stay that way until the major audit comes this June. The audit is done by the highest level back in the states. They will be coming out and going through everything with a fine tooth comb. We have to keep up on our customer's records and anyone that has anything due anytime between now and the audit, has to make sure it's taken care of. A lot of the work is just making sure every detail is taken care of. Once this audit is done, our NCOIC will be on cruise control and will PCS soon after that, so this is her last big thing before she leaves and she doesn't want any issues.

This translates to: we may be very busy until after the audit is finished. The meeting lasted until lunch time. I took my sack lunch to the food court as usual and spent my break there. Once finished I headed back to the office. Now that everyone is back from leave and we also have a new sergeant in the office, space is limited, as are the available computers. I was able to get on first thing in the morning to check my email and do my weekend checklist, but that was about it. We also had to do a weekend counseling statement and sign an "Oak Tree" counseling statement as well as have our vehicles inspected. All the counseling statements were stating that we agreed not to get into trouble over the four day. On my weekend checklist I stated after the portion "If Drinking How Will You Get Back Home" with…"My hotel is within stumbling distance".

The afternoon was spent sitting in a chair watching SPC JayZ work. At one point I left with SPC Matrix and we picked up a TMP van for tomorrow. Once back at the office I continued to sit in a chair staring at the wall until we were released for the day.

At home my wife and I hung out for a while, ate dinner and watched some TV shows. I studied for my Apple Recertification and then turned in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment