Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Headache Class - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day136

Pretty much me on a daily basis!

This morning we had our PT formation at the gym. Our first sergeant went into a big speech about formations, especially the evening formations. I guess a lot of people haven't been showing up. Now she says she's going to start checking and if we're not at the evening formations we better have an MOU or an appointment. Luckily I have an MOU (my internship and my school), so I will never go to another evening formation. She then started going on and on about adding more formations throughout the day because of this. I'm just so thankful I only have to deal with this crap once in the morning on the days that I have to come in because of appointments. She then started to go on and on about soldiers that have early appointments. She's going to require everyone that has a morning appointment to carry their appointment slips with them so she can check them and verify the appointment.

I was going to head to my car after everyone broke from formation and headed to the gym, but after this morning's big speech I decided that may not be such a good idea. I headed into the gym and hopped on a stationary bike. I plugged in my headphones and basically used the time to listen to music while peddling every once in a while. I have no desire to get a workout in during morning PT anymore. I don't want to get sweaty and have to take a shower…I'd rather just change in the bathroom.

After PT I went to my car and drove it to the WTB parking lot. I then ate my breakfast, listened to the radio and then took a nap. I got a call later on from the hydro massage guy, he wanted to see if he could fit me in today. We decided on 1145, this is a nice surprise! I hung out in my car until my new appointment at 1145 and proceeded to get the hydro massage done. It was nice and relaxing, just laying there listening to my music. I can adjust the settings of the hydro massage settings and I had it concentrate just on my upper shoulders and neck.

I headed back to my car and hung out for a while longer until lunch time. I ate lunch in my car and continued just chilling in my car. It seems I live in my car lately (as I've mentioned before). At 1300 I had to attend a headache class given by the neurology clinic. The class was pretty long (3 hours), but it was full of some great information. To be honest I wasn't expecting too much from the class, but they had a lot of good ideas and info...and it helped me understand my headaches and my situation. I get a lot of tension headaches for the most part, but these tension headaches can trigger migraine headaches as well. There are quite a number of things that can trigger headaches and I have a better understanding now of all things headache related.

I headed home after the class and did my normal schoolwork. When my wife came home we went to the YMCA and I got a great cardio workout done. I've always liked working out in the evening or at least the afternoon, and I really prefer doing my workouts away from the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment