Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back to the Navy - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 123

This morning I headed off to my navy internship. Even though I'm not getting a lot out of this internship yet, it's saving me a lot of time and money. My morning commute is only about 10 minutes and I have no tolls to pay. I started the day checking both my navy and army email accounts. After that I spent the morning just reading news on the internet. Not a lot to do yet.

I headed to my car for the quick lunch. A half hour just isn't enough time to get out of the office, relax and enjoy a lunch. When I got back to the office, I unpacked a new server. I setup and configured the server, then installed a couple virtual machines. This is stuff I've read about, but I've never done on a Windows server. I was happy to get the chance to play around with it, but for some reason the image they gave me for a workstation never worked on the virtual machine. Maybe I'll get that figured out next time I come in.

I headed home once the day was over and did a little schoolwork. Once my wife came home we headed off to the YMCA for a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment