Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Exterminator - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 75

This morning I texted my squad leader to remind him I would not be at the morning formation, I had the exterminator coming to my house. I'm glad too, because they all had army training that they had to do and I hate that stuff with a passion. While waiting for the exterminator to come, I just did my schoolwork and hung out at the house.

The exterminator came, killed all the bugs around the house and went on his way. I ate lunch, then headed to the naval shipyard not too far from my house in Bremerton. I had to interview for an internship I was interested in. While in the WTB I can do any federal internship instead of just sitting around doing nothing. I chose the naval base because it would turn my usual hour long commute into a ten minute commute for the days I go there.

The interview was pretty easy going. The job is in the I.T. field and the supervisor offered me "the job". So we both just have to get all the required paperwork turned in, then I'll be able to start. This means for the first time in my army career, I'll actually be doing the job I signed up for…I.T. work…ironically it will be for the department of the navy…lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment