Monday, August 5, 2013

Positive Profile - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 58

I headed to morning formation in ACUs because I had a 0830 appointment with my nurse case manager. Once formation was over, I headed to my car and had breakfast, listened to the radio and took a nap. I headed to my appointment and found my nurse case manager was not in. I called her line and found out she is actually on leave. Why she scheduled an appointment for me I have no idea.

I went down to the SFAC and checked my email, then went to the library. As I was surfing around and checking Facebook, I found out that an old co-worker of mine back at the newspaper had just died. It's pretty crazy how fast something like this can sneak up on you. I had just chatted with her on Facebook a week or so ago, she's a young lady who passed before her time. Evidently she had some issues with a gastric bypass surgery that was performed years ago and all of a sudden just died. Life is short, use your time wisely!

I hung out in the library until lunch and did my usual lunch break in the SFAC to use their microwave. Back at the library I did my schoolwork and waited until the end of day formation at 1600. The end of day formation kind of pissed me off. It was hot out and we ended up just standing in formation for about 15 minutes while the command got their crap together…sweat just dripping down my front and back. Finally they did a couple of promotions and the commander made a little speech, then we were all released.

No comments:

Post a Comment