Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Household Goods - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 59

I had already mentioned to my squad leader that I would not be in today, but I sent him a reminder at 0620 letting him know my household goods were being delivered. I got up shortly after and got ready for the day. I moved all our cars out of the way and straightened up the house. The semi came at 1000 and had a hard time making it's way up our driveway because of the steep incline. They were finally able to get it done and started unloading. My wife stayed home as well and acted like a traffic director. She basically stood inside the doorway and as each load came in, she would tell them where to stick it.

They finished up pretty quickly and my wife and I started the long process of trying to unpack. I made sure our entertainment center and home computer were all setup. My kids have been dying to catch up on some shows and we have had no TV. We decided to only get internet, we'll use our AppleTV and DVD player for all of our entertainment purposes. The AppleTV has Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, HBO and more already available with it. I have an extensive library already of shows and movies available for streaming, so I think we're good to go.

By the end of the day I headed to bed sore and worn out. The house is still full of boxes, but we do have the entertainment system working and the computer is up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment