Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Keeler Gym - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 66

A photo I took of Keeler Gym. This is where the WTB does their PT every Tuesday. 
Those that are able usually play basketball, or they setup a "sit volleyball" area. 
There are also the cardio machines which is where I usually head to.

This morning we had formation at Keeler gym. Once again 98% of the people had summer PTs on with the jacket, but when the first sergeant came out everyone had to take off their jackets. Just like yesterday, I just shook my head and stood with everyone else in the cool morning air. All I could think was that I really can't wait to get back to normal life outside the army.

After formation I headed into the gym and rode the stationary bike for a half hour. I did remember my iPhone and headphones, so I was able to listen to music and tune everything else out. If we could do this everyday, I might get back into a workout routine. Unfortunately there is no routine here at the WTB, so I don't even try anymore.

Once PT was over, I headed home and took a nap…in my bed. That is much better than the naps taken in my car…lol. The rest of the day was schoolwork and running some errands for myself. I'm really starting to like spending more time at home now!

No comments:

Post a Comment