Monday, August 19, 2013

Recovery Day - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 72

Midnight has come and gone and I sit at the staff duty desk as my 40th birthday begins. At 0100 the other runner came down from his room which he headed off to at 2100. Now it's my turn to take a nap, but unfortunately I don't have a room to go to sleep in. I head over to the couch, which I can't say is too comfortable…but much better than the floor or my chair. I go to sleep off and on until about 0530. Our platoon sergeant then came over and said it's time to get up. I then head back to the staff duty desk and stay there until 0800.

I now "have the rest of the day off", but I really don't consider it a day off because I've been at staff duty for 8 hours already…even if part of it was falling in and out of sleep. I head home feeling pretty tired, I had to really focus on driving and not falling asleep during my hour long commute home. Once I did get home, I went to bed until about noon. I should have slept more, but I had a pretty bad headache. I ended up spending the rest of my birthday in some pretty bad pain. I took meds, but they didn't really do much to help. I ended up spending the rest of the day just laying down trying not to move. A birthday to remember...thank you army!!

No comments:

Post a Comment