Friday, August 9, 2013

Texting in Sick - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 62

This morning I woke up at 0300 with a killer headache engulfing the entire left side of my head. I got up and took a couple aspirin and laid back down in bed. At 0600 I tried to get up and take a shower, but as I was in the shower I felt nauseous and my hands were shaking. I wasn't quite sure what to make of this, but I was in so much pain I really couldn't think too well. I just got out of the shower and laid back down. I knew I would not be able to make the 45 minute drive to Ft. Lewis this morning. I was in way too much pain. I texted my squad leader letting him know and tried to lay still in bed. I'm sure he thinks I was just trying to get out of the change of command ceremony, but there is no way I could drive in this condition…let alone be part of a change of command ceremony.

I took my percocet, which is the strongest stuff I have, and laid back down. I did this again a few hours later as well. I didn't get out of bed until 1500, but I was still feeling a lot of pain. I headed downstairs and hung out on the couch for the rest of the day. I ended up just watching some TV, but that was about it the entire day….it sucked!

No comments:

Post a Comment