Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bad Head Day - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 81

This morning I headed to formation in summer PTs with the jacket. I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to do PT because my head was hurting pretty bad. My name was called along with several others stating we needed to get with our squad leader to sign some paperwork. After that each of the platoon sergeants were told to take charge of their platoons…our platoon sergeant said "do the right thing", then walked off.

I gathered around one of our squad leaders along with a few others to see what paperwork I had to sign. It starts to rain and the squad leader states "we should go inside to finish this up". One of the typical brainwashed soldiers said "if it ain't raining, we ain't training". I say "let's use some common sense", then turned and walked inside. Give me a break…we're trying to read and sign paperwork using ink, that doesn't work well in the rain. Once inside I get my paperwork and find out it's for a Kindle. Amazon is giving away a large number of Kindles for free to the WTB. Nice to see a local company doing some good, in fact it's pretty awesome of them!

After I finished with the paperwork, I headed to my car to eat breakfast. My head is still killing me! I go to the SFAC to check my army email and print off some resumes for the job fair this afternoon. I then head to my optometry appointment at 1000. I guess there was a doctor who called in sick, so they were a little backed up. Even when I did get in to have my eyes checked, my doctor was taken away about 3 times. I finally got out of there at almost noon. I should be getting my new glasses mailed to me in a couple weeks.

I grabbed a snack from the shoppette and then while getting ready to head to this military only job fair, I get a text stating that 100% attendance is required for a sensing session at 1300 today. I'm pissed off and my head hurts like crazy. In retrospect, it's probably a good thing that I didn't go to the job fair because I was in quite a bit of pain. I was looking forward to chatting with some local employers though.

I head to the sensing session, which should be called "bitch session". A sensing session is where the command (in this case it was the brigade command sergeant major) gathers everyone together so he can get a sense of how everything is going under his command. Various people stood up and bitched and moaned about various things or people. I just waited through it…a little high on Percocet.

After the session I headed home. I was notified by my PEBLO that my paperwork has gone through the PEB and they have sent it off to the VA for ratings. This means the PEB (Physical Evaluation Board) decided that I am indeed not fit to stay in the army. This is a good thing because if for some reason they found me fit for duty, I would have to basically stop this medboard process and go back to work for the regular army…I can't imagine a worse fate at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment