Monday, August 12, 2013

SHARP and Go Home - (MedBoard: Joint Base Lewis-McChord) Day 65

At morning formation everyone was in summer PTs with the jacket because it was cold out. In typical army use of no common sense, the first sergeant came out and had everyone take off their jackets. Yes, it is August, but in the pacific northwest it can get pretty chilly in the morning. I'm so done with stupid power trips and lack of common sense, I can't wait to get out of the army! So everyone got back in formation shivering a little because of the cold. Each platoon went over names of everyone that is on the list to update their life insurance policy with the army. Unbelievably my name was called…maybe I shouldn't say unbelievably because by now I've come to terms that the army is full of incompetent people. One of the first things you learn is to keep a copy of everything because somehow everything gets lost all the time. I went to my squad leader and reminded him I just updated my life insurance because it was part of the mandatory process when I came into the company not too long ago. He tilted his head and thought about it and said I should be OK then…(now I don't have to schedule an appointment with our HR department today).

By this time I was already away from the folks doing PT. I was pissed off because of all the stupidity, that I decided not to join them and instead just headed to my car. I ate breakfast and waited until the SFAC opened at 0730. Once it opened up, I headed in and used their computers to check my army email, do my self assessment, and also some required SHARP training that I was told needed to be done. As with most required army "check the box" training, I opened it up, hit the next button over and over until it was finished, then emailed my squad leader a certificate of completion.

Once all this was done I took off and headed home where I did my schoolwork and then just relaxed. I love the fact that I don't have to hang out at the base anymore! I will be able to focus my time and energy into transitioning back into normal life…where common sense is a little more common.

No comments:

Post a Comment