Friday, April 12, 2013

Kilt Friday - (Germany) Day 471

This morning we formed up at Campbell gym. The normal folks all played dodgeball, in fact the entire battalion was playing so there were a lot of people in the gym. Those of us on profile that didn't want to just watch, headed to the gym and worked out. I hit the stationary bike and got some cardio in.

Today was civilian clothes day. Since it is now kind of acting like spring, I wore my kilt. I bought a kilt a while ago and the entire I.T. department would wear kilts on given days at my old job just for fun. Walking around in a kilt gets a lot of people doing double takes everywhere you go, especially if you're in a workplace. It wasn't a too big of a deal because I'm in my own office and I was in there most of the time. I did my schoolwork in the morning, then headed over to the ComSec office before lunch just to check in…and mainly let the platoon sergeant see my kilt. Everyone was a little surprised…especially the platoon sergeant, but they all thought it was pretty funny.

I headed home for lunch and changed into civilian gym clothes before heading back. The battalion was having an organizational day for the rest of the afternoon. It all centered around basketball with a 3 point contest, a half court shot contest, and a 2 on 2 tournament. It really sucked watching it all because all I wanted to do was get out there and play. I would have loved to stuff my first sergeant and kick some butt on the 3 point shooting contest. I know if I would have though, I would end up paying for it by being in pain the entire weekend. So I played it smart and just watched…it was tough!

I headed out around 1500 and visited my wife at work until she got off. Now it's time to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment