Tuesday, March 5, 2013

PEBLO Briefing - (Germany) Day 433

A view of the Landstuhl Medical Center from the sky.
I was told that it's design was to help in case it is bombed, there
are several buildings all attached instead of one large hospital building
This morning I headed out and instead of going to the PT formation, I hopped into a TMP and headed off to Landstuhl. I headed out at 0630 with an appointment at 0845 at the Landstuhl hospital. It normally takes a bit over an hour to get there, but I heard traffic in the morning at the gate is horrible…and I have to be there 15 minutes early of course. Traffic was indeed horrible at the gate, but I made it in plenty of time. I went to the coffee joint in the hospital and picked up a mocha and a bite to eat for breakfast.

When I arrived they had me sign in and then my case nurse (or something like that) took me back into her office. We went over all my paperwork and she gave me a little pre-briefing briefing. I headed back to the conference room where there ended up being a total of three soldiers going through the process. We had a total of three briefings all about the medboard process. The first was legal, then another guy who works with a number of soldier organizations, and finally the PEBLO brief. We learned what the process will be like and how long it should take. We learned the various outcomes of the medboard process and what things we can appeal and what we can't. It was an interesting brief, but I had heard a lot of it before from SPC Mac since he just went through his. It's always best to hear it straight from the source though…as the ComSec motto goes "Trust No One".

After the brief I had to make an appointment for an OPIN appointment. This is where a doctor will discuss everything with me and write down kind of a consolidated form with everything on it. This will be sent to the WTU in Ft. Lewis and used as a starting point for the medboard process. I have that appointment next Thursday.

I grabbed a bite to eat at the food court in the hospital, then headed back to my office. By the time I filled up the TMP and turned it back into the ComSec office it was 1500. I met up with the chaplain and we went over everything that's going on with all his events. He also said he talked to my platoon sergeant and got me off of garbage duty from now on. The chaplain said he needs me too much, and can't spare me every Monday. So…no more "Garbage Man Mondays".

No comments:

Post a Comment