Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lost in the Shuffle - (Germany) Day 448

This morning for PT we formed up at Campbell gym in civilian clothes. The normal folks went for a run off post, while those of us on profile headed to the gym. I rode the stationary bike for cardio and chatted with SPC Mac the entire time.

I headed into my office and ended up just sitting in the hallway for over an hour. There is only one key to my office and it's stored in a lockbox in the OIC's office. Everyone was gone this morning, so I just sat there and read my textbook while drinking coffee. Finally the OIC came in at almost 1030 and I was able to access my computer.

I found that my office requested I change the address on my pass form. I'm not sure why, because I used the same exact form as an earlier pass and used the United European Airlines address. It turns out they wanted me to put Amsterdam as well. It's a little frustrating, but I did it and sent it off. Later on I get a call asking for the memo I gave our CAM a while ago stating that I do not need a dental appointment. Unfortunately I gave her my only copy…now it's lost. I know better than to give my only copy of anything in the army, but I didn't think this was a big deal. So I had to make a trip to the dental clinic and get a new memo stating that I in fact do not need a dental appointment until August…the company's records are incorrect. I scanned this memo and emailed it to the office, now I have a digital copy!

I spent the rest of the day after eating lunch at home studying for my Apple recertification and then schoolwork. Around 1600 I picked up the TMP and filled it with gas and drove it home. I'll be leaving early tomorrow to pick up the chaplain for a long day of driving him around.

No comments:

Post a Comment