Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Making Bubbles - (Germany) Day 281

This morning's PT was a run around PHV for the normal folk, while I headed to the gym with the other profiles where I rode the stationary bike for my cardio.

The day at work started off the same as I'm sure many more to will…me sitting in a chair drinking my coffee conversing with the others in the office. With only two computers for all of us to use, there is a lot of time to sit and do nothing. I did get on at one point and was able to check my email and surf the web a little. I found that the Intel 34 and 35 classes show up on my ERB and as resident classes for promotion points. We were told that we would not get certificates if we were E-4 and under. With most classes a person has to take the certificate of completion to the S-1 shop to get it manually loaded on the ERB (Enlisted Records Brief…basically a sheet showing all my basic information). I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't have it shown on my ERB, because from everything I hear…once you're in ComSec you can never get out. If it shows up on the ERB, then it will always be seen anywhere you end up in the army. It's not a big deal, I have kind of resigned to the fact that I will be doing this for the rest of my time in the army…a little more than 3 years.

I had lunch in my car…reading…eating…sleeping. Back in the office I found that I was the only one that would be there with a TMP license tomorrow, so I was voluntold to drive our chaplain to the company headquarters in Landstuhl tomorrow. I'm not a big fan of being an army driver, especially when I don't know the route for sure. I'll have to make sure I bring my GPS to work tomorrow, so I can use it in whatever TMP we end up taking. Hopefully I don't end up getting back too late…I'd like to start my 4-day weekend as soon as possible. On the bright side I can add chauffeur to my ever expanding skills that I've gained while being in the army.

Not much to report on as far as work goes…I didn't do much at all there. The highlight of my day was heading to the urinal and seeing how many bubbles I could make while going pee. Since I was drinking a lot of water throughout the day, I was able to repeat this process many times…like I said, not a lot going on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment