Friday, December 28, 2012

Finally Friday - (Germany) Day 367

This morning I headed into the office…and guess what I did? The exact same thing I've done this entire week! With the chaplain gone, I've just been hanging out on my own. I don't even know if my office or command even realizes that he's gone…and I'm not going to bring it up. I'll just keep doing what I was told, and that was to assist the chaplain…and the chaplain told me to work here until noon and then take off the rest of the day. So I got in my office and read. I finished book 3 of the Game of Thrones series. I decided to take a little break and start reading a new book I downloaded called "No Easy Day". It's about seal team 6, the team that killed Osama Bin Laden. So far it's a pretty interesting book, documenting what it's like to be not only a seal, but an elite seal which is what team 6 is composed of. The book was actually on the news because of the controversy suggesting it violates OpSec. Funny because that is what they are trying to say my blog has done as well.

I'm also reading the magazine "MacLife". I decided to subscribe to the digital version via Newsstand on my iPad. I used to get the print version a few years ago, but now I figured I'd try out this new version. I've read my text books and other books on my iPad, why not a magazine? I also am trying to do my best to keep up with technology and I figured the magazine subscription wouldn't hurt.

So reading and yes a little bit of cleaning in the office. For today's task I decided to sweep a small 2 square foot area in the corner that the janitor misses when she comes in with the vacuum. It had been accumulating a small amount of trash for some time. That was my work for the day…then my wife came and picked me up a little before noon. Now barring any last minute staff duty shifts or anything, I'm off for another 4-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment