Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Trip to Wiesbaden - (Germany) Day 358

This morning I headed to work and did the usual…read a book. The nice thing about my new office is that electronic devices are allowed. I bring in my iPad and either read my school textbook or Game of Thrones. I ended up taking an early lunch at about 1000 because the chaplain wanted me to drive him at 1130. I headed home and watched a little Ultimate Fighter, then stopped by my wife's work to drop off her phone that she forgot, then it was back to work.

This afternoon I drove the chaplain to Wiesbaden for some training he had to do. I brought my GPS, some snacks, and of course my iPad. Once we arrived, I stayed in the van and either read or played games on my iPhone to pass the time. We had a good talk on the drive there and back, he thanked me over and over again for driving him. I told him that it's no problem, I'd much rather be helping him out than just sitting in S1 doing nothing. It just sucks being in limbo not knowing what or when something is going to happen to me.

By the time we got back it was a little after 1700. I already let my boss know my schedule for the week, so he would know that I probably wouldn't be at PT in the afternoon. I sent him a text to let him know we made it back safe, then I headed home. Another day in my new army life.

No comments:

Post a Comment