Wednesday, December 26, 2012

On My Own - (Germany) Day 365

Back to work today. The chaplain is on leave this week, so it's just me in my office. It's also a half day work day schedule for the week. There are a lot of people that are complaining because usually the half day schedule starts a week earlier, but I guess I'll take what I can get. We didn't get a half day schedule at all while I was in Korea. I ended up just sitting in the conference room from 0800 to 1000 because the civilian who has my office key didn't come in until then. No problem though, I was able to read quite a bit.

When I was able to get into my office I was able to make an appointment with my regular doctor. This will be a follow-up and to extend my profile. I have that appointment next week, then another with pain management the following week. In early February I will follow-up with my neurologist and if there is no improvement she said we will talk about starting the medboard process.

I then cleaned up the office a bit, the office isn't too big and I've been doing it in sections. Today was the corner and the window. It didn't take too long, then I settled in and kept reading my book. Nobody has contacted me from the ComSec office letting me know if we are doing PT or not. I don't really care, the chaplain told me to work until noon and then I'm off. I'm taking that as I'm heading home at noon and not coming back. If my platoon wants me to do PT, they'll have to let me know. I've heard a lot of complaining about the staff duty schedule for next month. I guess our company is getting quite a few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up having to work a few weekends. I guess I'll see when they decide to let me know what days I am on the roster. I just hope they tell me my schedule before the day I need to show up.

When I got off work I headed home and ate lunch. I then picked up my wife from work and we headed to a post called Spinelli Barracks in Mannheim. We needed the air pressure in our tires checked and the tires rotated. The closest place that does it is located about 20 minutes away at another post. It's a little different trying to get your car worked on here in Germany. I'm sure there are places out on the economy that you can get stuff done, but it will be more expensive in euros and there is also the language barrier. So we have limited options here. We found the place pretty easy and we were able to get everything done…and we don't have our annoying little warning light on anymore!

It was nice getting home pretty early, my wife and I had a lot of time to hang out and enjoy each other's company. Half days are an easy way to ease my way back into work mode after Christmas break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment