Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up - (Germany) Day 326 & 327

Our Christmas tree...my wife got into the Christmas spirit a little early this year

Saturday: This morning I woke up too early with a raging headache, so much for the shots in the back of my head stopping all headaches from happening. I think it was mostly due to dehydration from yesterday. I made that trip for Operation Solemn Promise and didn't drink much of anything. I didn't want to have to go to the bathroom on the bus ride there or during the event, then of course we had the bus ride home. I think all I drank all day was a little coffee. It really messed me up all day today, I'm just glad I didn't have to work…I just laid around all day trying everything I could think of to get rid of the pain and also trying to hydrate myself again.

I was feeling well enough by the evening to go check out the new James Bond movie "Skyfall" with my wife, SGT Mex and our CAM. It was an action packed movie and fun to watch, everyone had a good time. The nice thing about seeing a movie here on post is that we can just walk to it, it's always nice to just take it easy and walk around with my wife.

Sunday: We didn't actually do a whole lot today. My wife got in the Christmas spirit a little early and decided to put up our tree and some other decorations around the house. I try not to do anything Christmas related until Thanksgiving has come and gone, but my wife doesn't usually really ever get in the Christmas spirit, so who am I to stop her?

We headed downtown for lunch and got a bratwurst and pommes (fries). That is something I'm really going to miss about being in Germany when I finally have to leave. There is something about their bratwurst with mustard and their fries with mayonnaise. The mayo they use isn't quite like the mayo in the states. In fact I don't use mayo on anything in the states, but here it's very common to put it on their fries. I tried it and haven't looked back…it's good stuff!

Back at the house we hung out and watched TV shows. I was able to spend some time this weekend doing schoolwork as well. I had thought about visiting some nearby town that we haven't seen yet, but with my headache that was out of the question. We just chilled for the most part all weekend. Next weekend we'll be heading to England for Thanksgiving, our big trip for this month…I'm looking forward to it, since we haven't been able to play tourist for a while. Next week is a short week, hopefully there won't be too much BS to put up with…then we'll be outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment