Friday, July 20, 2012

In a Funk - (Germany) Day 207

This morning's PT was in PHV once again. I'm really hoping we keep doing it here because it's so close to everyone's houses. It really gives me a lot more time in the morning to get ready since I have to leave early and take my wife to work. The actual PT was a run off post in civilian clothes. Those of us on profile and the fat boy club went to the gym (Stronghold) on PHV and worked out. I rode the stationary bicycle to get some cardio…with no impact.

I don't know why, but for some reason I was in a bad mood even heading to work. I'm usually a little depressed and have no desire to go to the office, but today it was a lot worse…I was in a funk that I couldn't shake. I hate always feeling this way because I'm normally a very happy go lucky guy. When I arrived at work all the computers were taken, so I sat in a chair and looked at the wall for about a half hour.

Later on in the day I was able to check my email and surf the web a bit. I also went over the brief we have to give each of our customers yearly. So far I have yet to give one to any customer, so I had to go over the PowerPoint slides and give a sample brief to SPC Whirlwind so he could see how well I do.

I took lunch in my car listening to music and reading my book, but shortly after I finished my lunch I took a nap. For some reason I was tired all day as well…so the nap helped. Once done with lunch I gave my brief to SPC Ketcher. I can honestly say that I don't care to give briefs. I didn't sign up to give some death by PowerPoint presentation to people.

The rest of the day was spent surfing the web and checking email. I did receive a curious email this afternoon. I was informed that I will no longer be a sponsor to a new guy that was headed to our unit. My boss got the same email for his guy. I guess they both got reassigned to another unit.

The NCO on the maintenance side told his guys that we would probably be leaving early, so they all cleaned up the place by 1400…we were all released by 1645…early, but not quite what everyone had in mind. After the place was clean the only thing everybody did was either surf the net or just chat with each other.

The night was uneventful. We ordered pizzas from the bowling alley and watched the original "Superman" movie. My oldest daughter had asked me what kryptonite was…so I told her she has to watch the movie. I sure don't remember it being so long and drawn out, but it was pretty funny to watch such an old movie. We sure have come a long way in the special effects department…and acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment