Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Car Wash - (Germany) Day 205

This morning's PT was a run off post in civilian clothes. Instead of heading off with the other profiles to do spin class, our NCOIC wanted those of us with "run at your own pace and distance" to go on the run as far as we could. So I went, but I walked the entire time. I know he wanted us to run, but any impact causes my extreme headaches…so it was walking only for me. I would have had a better workout at spin class, but the walk off post was also nice.

The start of work was normal…checking email and surfing the web. After a bit I headed out with SPC Mac to wash our TMP. We always have a good chat about the army and the situation we have found ourselves in being older guys in this army. It's not one little thing that drives us nuts, but the culmination of all the little things that makes us both not give a crap anymore. We had to drive it to the car wash and vacuum it out. By the time we finished, it was about lunch time…so we headed off to lunch. I had lunch in my car listening to music…always nice to be out of the office.

I did actually do a little work after lunch, I tried to contact a few of our customers to let them know when they are scheduled to come get their keys. I also helped create a spreadsheet for our boss to show when all the SAV (Site Assisted Visits) are due. Each of our customers get a visit from our office to make sure they are doing everything correctly as far as ComSec stuff goes. (i.e. making sure they are taking the appropriate steps making everything secure and staying secure).

Besides that the reset of the day was surfing the internet.

Once home we took the kiddos to Schwetzingen Castle. It's only a few minutes away and isn't technically a castle, but it does have some impressive gardens with statues all over the place. The kids had a good time and it was nice to get out of the house to break up the week a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment