Monday, July 30, 2012

Back to Work - (Germany) Day 217

The view of Heidelberg from Königstuhl

This morning's PT was on PHV. Everyone came in civilian clothes and went on a run off post. The profiles headed to the gym and we worked out on what we were allowed to. I had a great workout…reminded me of the end of my time in Korea when I headed to the gym and just did my own workout almost every day after work. I hope that I could start doing something like this everyday.

I headed straight to physical therapy instead of work and had a good session. I wasn't in a lot of pain to start with and the shock therapy with the neck message and chiropractic manipulation, I felt pretty good leaving the place...as always.

By the time I got back to work there was about a half hour before lunch time. I checked email and surfed the web a little before heading to my car for the lunch break. As usual I have come to enjoy my lunch break in my car. It's an escape from the office and I get to listen to music, relax, read my book and usually take a little nap.

Back at work I surfed the net for a bit, then spent most of the afternoon placing pages into a binder. These were all pages from past ComSec newsletters…really exciting content that I guess they want to save and store. So now we have newsletters dating back a couple years.

We got off at 1700 and after going home and changing, we all headed off to McDonalds for dinner…LOL. This was our first time actually eating at the local McDonalds here and I have to say the food was pretty good. I had the "Texas Nacho Chicken" burger which was just plain awesome! I'm not sure if they have that back in the states, but if they do…give it a try. I don't eat at McDonalds too much, but I have to say I was very impressed with this sandwich.

The whole reason we went to McDonalds was to get a quick meal and then head up to a place called "Königstuhl" which is about 15 minutes away. It is up at the top of the nearby mountain (hill) and I read that you can get some great views of Heidelberg from the top. Once there and got out, we walked around and explored some nature trails (on accident) while looking for the view point. We found the view point and checked out the nice scenery for a bit…then headed home. The place is great for a little get-a-way, and next time we'll plan a little better and wear some actual shoes instead of flip flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment