Thursday, May 26, 2011

Traffic Director - (Korea) Day 179


A photo I snapped during the Memorial Day ceremony. Some of the UN honor guard
with ROK honor guard behind them. You can see the 8th army headquarters in the background.

Work call this morning was at 0800. We setup for a pretty big meeting in the secret conference room. After we setup it was the same old situation, people coming in and wanting to change their seats. I let CPT Hooah! deal with all that and left to do my job as a door stop.

After the meeting started I went up to our conference control room and watched the NBA playoffs once more. Only this time we were able to watch the entire game. During the 3rd quarter CPT Hooah! wandered up and acted like he was going to hang out, so we took off to the food court for lunch. SPC Mick paid which was very generous and we watched the rest of the 4th quarter while sitting in the food court.

We headed back to the office and I did a little SkillPort before being called down to be a chauffeur for our supply sergeant and her KATUSA. OMG it was very annoying. She didn't exactly know where she was going and we must have done about three circles around the post. I would go exactly where she told me and then get frustrated that it was not where she meant. Finally she found what she was looking for and then we headed back. I headed back to my lair (the conference control room) and watched a little TV waiting for a meeting to end.

Once this particular meeting was over we all had to head out and do traffic control. There was a ceremony going on in the field in front of our office and part of our job is to make sure no cars drive up during the ceremony. The ceremony was a memorial day ceremony and had the band, the honor guard and some of the united nations honor guard as well. When I heard about it, I thought there was going to be a number of people, but it was basically only for the command group and their family. There was a small bleacher with some soldiers in it, but that was about it. I thought it was going to be a much bigger event.

After the event we headed back to the office where I did some office work. I updated the events calendar and then started teaching SPC Mick how to do "read aheads". This is a pretty easy task that I do once a week. It involves copy and pasting information from the previous week's meetings into one sheet for easy viewing…that nobody ever uses…lol.

We then cleaned up the office and took off. I ate dinner in my room and watched a TV show before starting on my schoolwork.

Overheard Quote: "I have a question about a person…and it's complicated" (My roommate stated this…and I asked "does it involve a girl?"…of course the answer was yes…lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment