Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Don’t Forget the Little Things - (Korea) Day 155

After lunch we walked through the PX. I showed SPC Roy the joys of playing with
Photo Booth on the Mac. We then saved a photo as the desktop and left it that way...lol

Work call this morning was at 0830. We had to setup for a meeting at 1000, so there was no rush. We slowly went through the motions and got everything setup…or at least that's what we thought. As I was holding the door open that allows folks to get to the secret conference room, Special K came up to me and said we forgot the laser pointer for the general. For every meeting that one of our general's attend, one of the things we make sure they have is a laser pointer. As he was telling me we could hear the general and his entourage coming down the hall. I told him to run and get it from our conference room. Better to have it late than not at all.

Special K took off running and I kept the door open waiting for his return. He came down and ran past me. He ran into the meeting right after it started and placed the laser pointer along with a pad of paper and pen in front of the general and left. This is one of those things that doesn't seem like a big deal, but sometimes little things can get blown way out of proportion. I guess time will tell if this will be one of those times or not.

I then headed to our conference control room and started working on a SkillPort during commercials of the NBA playoffs that were going on. It's funny, I pretty much stopped watching the NBA a while ago and completely stopped when the Seattle Sonics were stolen and moved to Oklahoma. I prefer watching college basketball, but it's been fun watching again. It helps me feel not so isolated and far away from the states.

SPC Roy called and wanted me and Special K to come to eat lunch with him at the food court. I had a Subway sandwich…those are just so good. When we headed back SPC Mick and I cleaned up the secret conference room and then I watched some more NBA playoffs. When it finished I started working on the SkillPort again. Our sergeant came up and watched a bit of the game. Then out of the blue he tells us all we have to do 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups and walks out. I started doing them and quickly realized that I'm not in as good of shape as I thought. When I'm at the gym I feel like I'm getting a good workout and I had visions of doing great on my PT test. It's just different when I was actually doing push-ups and sit-ups. I think instead of weights I'll just focus on the basics from now on and only do push-ups, sit-ups and run.

Thinking ahead we setup as much as possible for an early meeting tomorrow so we will not be so rushed in the morning, and so we can come in a bit later. Our sergeant told us to clean the office and we could head out. We were able to leave about 1600 which was nice. I went to my room and read for a bit, then took a nap. PFC Pickle called me and said he wanted to watch more of "The Pacific", so I headed to his barracks and we watched two hours worth. What a great mini-series. We have four hours left.

When I got back to my room I started school once again. I basically checked in and downloaded all the class material. It's time to get back to the grind now. My roommate came back late tonight. He was at the range all day and was very disappointed. He failed by one shot. You need 23 out of 40 to pass, and he was only able to get 22. I'm heading out there Thursday. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment