Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Make a Great Doorstop - (Korea) Day 170


Hard to get a good pic since it all happened so fast. We had a little birthday celebration
for our sergeant major today. The supply KATUSA is on the left, our KATUSA, our sergeant
major, seaman behind her, and our sergeant on the right.

Work call this morning was 0730. We had a big meeting to setup for in the secret conference room. After setup was complete I did my usual job as a doorstop holding the door at the end of the hallway open for the generals to come in. All that expensive 25B schooling is being put to great use!

I then checked my email and did a little German SkillPort. After that I took the office car and drove to the ACS (Army Community Services) building here on post. The US Embassy sets up shop there every Wednesday and allows people access to their services. I came to try and get my passport once again. My wife mailed me my birth certificate and my previous passport which was ancient. I used it when I was an exchange student back in high school. Everything went much more smoothly this time and they said that when my passport arrives they'll give me a call and I can come pick it up.

I then headed back and sat in our conference control room and watched the NBA playoffs. What a game! Dirk and The Mavericks did a great job. I'm pulling for them since they have the old white guy as their point guard. He's older than I am and still playing in the NBA…incredible!!

I went to lunch with SPC Roy and we picked up some food to go from Quiznos and headed back to his office. He wanted me to check out his new online classes and tell him what I thought. He's just starting and wanted to make sure he was doing everything correctly. It's funny he's going to Pierce College online which is actually located about a half hour from my hometown in Washington State. It's near Ft. Lewis and they offer some great online choices for military.

When I got back to the office we all cleaned up from the morning meeting and then I headed back to the conference control room where I surfed the internet and got bored, then fell asleep. I woke up to one of the SACOs from our office (a Major) tapping on the wall next to my cubby hole. WTF who forgot to lock the door to the control room? He asked where everyone was. I had no clue since I was sleeping, but I told him everyone was downstairs…that's the only place they could be I guessed. He seemed satisfied and then left. Totally ruined my sleep, now my heart was beating and I was wondering if I would be getting in trouble for this. I guess we'll see.

We ended up setting up for another meeting at 1500 in the secret conference room. After that we cleaned the office and then just hung out and waited for the meeting to end at 1630 so we could clean it up and leave at 1700.

I came back to my room and ate dinner. I watched a movie I got from the young hawaiian over the weekend. I had never heard of it, but the name intrigued me. It's called "I Am Number 4". Turns out its about aliens living on earth and being hunted down and killed by other aliens. It turned out to be not bad and they had a pet dog who looked just like mine…too cute!

The rest of the night was the norm…me doing schoolwork. I checked my balance for tuition assistance. We get a total of $4,500 a year to use for free as long as we keep a 2.0 or above. I've used $3,000 so far. I'll take two more classes and then I'll be done and have to wait until next year to start again. That should work out perfect. I'll take one more class before I go on leave, then take another when I get back. After that I'll be starting to get ready to PCS out of here, so I'll be a little busy doing that with no time for school. I'll have to double check, but I think I should be able to finish my bachelors degree in 2013 at this pace.


the wife

sleeping on the job and getting caught is never a good thing.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 12:21 AM


Brandon

Yes...this I know, but I was so tired. I was sitting at the desk with my hand on the mouse, but since I was asleep the screensaver had turned on. It must have looked pretty funny.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 09:46 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment