Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shart Happens! - (Korea) Day 177

A sign that is found posted all around any classified areas

Work call this morning was at 0700. We had to setup for a KUB in our conference room at 0800. We left SPC Mick in there to cover that meeting while the rest of us headed down to the secret conference room to setup for the weekly Wednesday meeting that I cover. As usual, I flipped slides for both the unclassified and the secret machines. I could tell you what it was all about, but then I'd have to kill you!

As soon as I got out of the meeting and headed up to our conference room I got a call from SPC Roy. He said he had an emergency he needed my help with. OK…what's the problem. Well it turns out he had another accident and sharted. (Check out the official definition at Urban Dictionary). He ruined his underwear and needed to use my shower to clean himself and put on some new underwear. A similar incident happened not too long ago. I told him he should stop thinking those are farts that are coming. I went to his office and gave him my room key.

We setup for another "meeting for two" in the top secret conference room. It seems like a lot of work for just two people…grrr. After that I left for lunch to my room where SPC Roy was just finishing up, so he gave me my key back and then took off. I was able to video chat with my wife for a bit before heading back to work. These early mornings have made it hard to do so before work, so this has been nice.

When I got back to the office I did a little SkillPort and then we setup for yet another meeting in the secret conference room. Once that was over I headed up to our conference control room to check out what was on TV. This has to be the worst time of day to try and watch TV here. There seems to be only news which has been replaying the same thing over and over, or soaps. I started flipping through the Korean channels and found an intense ping pong match going on. Holy Cow!! These guys were freaking nuts! They would get some rallies going back and forth that were just amazing. Each of the guys were standing about 4 feet from the end of the table and smacking that little ball back and forth.

Finally the meeting ended in the secret conference room and we cleaned that up. We then cleaned up the office and prepared to leave. Our sergeant who I thought was on autopilot until he checks out did a change of course. Now we are going to evidently have some training. Not sure if it will last continuously, but we are supposed to start studying the Army Study Guide book that we printed out earlier. We will also be doing some push-ups and sit-ups in our conference room. Lastly we will have to recite the soldier's creed and sing the army song. It's been a while, I'm going to have to brush up on those.

I headed to my room, ate dinner and watched some TV shows. I was going to head to the gym, but I don't want to be all sore tomorrow if we'll be working out in the conference room. I did my schoolwork and then started reading the study material. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment