Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Dead - (Korea) Day 154


Yes...today at lunch all over the food court, there were crowds of people watching
the news that Osama Bin Laden has finally been killed via a bullet to the head

Work call this morning was at 0830. Today was a strange day. We didn't have any meetings at all today. After I arrived to work, I headed up to our conference control room. I started working on SkillPorts. I was able to finish my quota for the week before lunch. Special K called me and asked if I wanted to go to the food court for lunch. SPC Roy was there waiting for us.

As I was walking to the table with volcano tacos in hand an honor guard from the building I work in spotted me. He came running up and asked if I'd heard the news. I said "What news?". He then proceeded to state that Osama Bin Laden is dead. Wow…it took a moment to sink in. I can't believe this figure that we've been hunting for ten years has finally been caught and killed. All I can say is that it's about time. I don't think it will change much of anything though. It's more of just a moral victory for the US. People are wondering if we'll pull out of the middle east and such, but unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

We headed over to the Dragon Hill Lodge so SPC Roy and Special K could do some banking. For some reason all the other banks on post are closed. While they were banking, I took a look inside the gift shop. I was looking for something to jump out at me to get for my wife. The person working there brought me over and started showing me all the jewelry which I have to admit was very pretty. I would have loved to get one of the pieces for my wife, but at prices from $900 to $1000 for a birthday present…I would probably get in more trouble from my wife for purchasing it.

We headed back to work where I again headed up to the conference control room and started working on some longer SkillPorts. I took a break for a bit and watched the news to hear more about the death of Osama. It's playing in every office in the building I think. After hearing the same thing over and over I headed back to the computer and more SkillPorts. The day ended as usual with us cleaning the office and heading out.

I had all intentions of working out, but I lost all motivation by the time I got to my room. I wish we could have done it at lunch time, or have us get out early. I ended up eating some trail mix and watching some TV shows. I did a little reading of my book and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment