Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baby Got Back - (Korea) Day 169

Our coffee and water "to go" setup. Sorry...when days are this slow
I don't really have much to take pictures of!

Work call this morning was at 0800, a little earlier than normal…but not too bad, I still had time to video chat with my wife. We had to come in for an early meeting in the top secret conference room. The meeting was a video conference and only consisted of three people, but all four of us from our office came in for it…lol.

We had nothing scheduled for the rest of the morning. I did a little 25B work swapping the new laptop in our office with the colonel's laptop. The air force major in our office wanted the new guy to have new equipment when he arrives. It was pretty simple stuff, I just had to install a couple drivers and printers and it was good to go. I then went up to our conference control room. I checked my email and explored around a bit on AKO. I then did a little research on a ribbon that I heard a rumor of, that we get for serving in Korea. I found out it's called "The Korea Defense Service Medal" and you get it after serving 30 consecutive days in Korea after July 28th 1954. It's funny that it seems like so much of everything I find out is by rumors or hearsay. I then have to ask a number of people more questions or do research on the internet to find out the facts. I now have to go to our S1 shop and ask them to put it on my ERB record so I can actually wear it on my dress uniform.

I went to lunch in my room expecting to be able to video chat with my wife, but when I arrived my roommate was fast asleep. In the mornings I talk even if he's still sleeping because he'll talk after I'm trying to go to sleep at night. I thought I'd be nice and let him sleep during his lunch break though. After lunch I headed back to the office and we setup for a meeting in the secret conference room.

There was nothing else scheduled until 1630. Unfortunately there was nothing on TV and I ended up just being bored. I surfed the internet for a while and channel surfed trying to find something…anything to watch on TV with no luck.

We setup for a KUB in our conference room. This meeting was scheduled for 1630 for some reason and wasn't scheduled to end until 1730. It was for a journalist exchange program and right after it started I knew it was going to be a long meeting. I've worked with journalists for my entire career and one thing I know they do is ask a lot of questions. They asked and asked, and the general hosting the meeting is a talker and took his time answering all of the questions. Needless to say the meeting went over and we didn't start cleaning up until 1800. Before it was over though I told our KATUSA and SPC Mick that I would stay late so they could go to the DFAC and eat dinner. SPC Mick got up and made his way past the sound system. His butt started rubbing against the controls as he passed and all of a sudden their was a shrieking sound in the conference room. A high pitched deafening sound screeched from the speaker system. Our KATUSA quickly turned the sound down and fixed it. The meeting stopped for a second as everyone looked around and I started laughing so hard my head hurt. CPT Hooah! happened to be sitting next to me waiting for the meeting to end and had fallen asleep. One minute he was snoring and the next his head flew up and he looked around and said "What was that?". I explained to him that it was SPC Mick's butt. It's pretty sad, but SPC Mick's butt incident was the highlight of the day.

After they all finally left, we cleaned up the conference room and locked up. I then headed to my room and ate my dinner while watching a couple TV shows. I checked in with my school and then turned in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment