Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday The 13th! - (Korea) Day 165

Special K manning the BBQ near the protocol building. He had to use a
plastic fork to turn the steaks until protocol finally let us borrow some tongs.

Work call this morning was at 0830. We only had one meeting scheduled today and it was at 1400, so I spent the morning watching the NBA playoffs. The Bulls destroyed the Hawks. Of course they are not The Bulls of old with Michael Jordan, but I'm starting to like this Bulls team.

I then grabbed Special K and had him help me find and fill out the leave form. I asked my sergeant about it and he told me "oh yeah…fill it out it's on the computer". I'm not a 42A, I have no idea what forms to fill out or anything. So Special K pointed me in the right direction. He showed me where the forms were located and made sure I filled it out correctly. I then printed it out along with my LES statement and a copy of my PT Test and turned it all in to my sergeant. He signed it and then told me to turn it in to the company. I'm glad to have that all finished with. Once it's all approved I'll finally have a date to look forward to where I can see my family and friends. I can't wait.

I then headed off to lunch in my room where I was able to video chat with my wife. After lunch I headed back to work where we setup for the meeting in our conference room. Once that was done I went with Special K and we took our office car to get it washed. Our sergeant told us that our sister office (Protocol) was living the life today. He said they were having a BBQ and a lot of them left early. He was a little upset that they didn't invite us, but decided to make the most of it. He had me and Special K stop by the commissary on the way back from washing the car and told us to "pick up some meat". Special K and I found some thin steak and some seasoning. We didn't' know how much time we had left before all the heat was gone from the BBQ, so we headed straight there and started cooking. The steaks turned out perfect and our sergeant made his way over to join us. That was some good stuff!

As I was thinking about relaxing the rest of the day, I ended up getting technical requests from various people all of a sudden. I had to put in 4 help desk tickets after doing a little research and troubleshooting. So much for kicking my feet up for the rest of the day….lol. It turned out fine though because our sergeant had us clean up and we left the office by about 1600.

I promptly went to my room and took a nap. I woke up and watched an episode of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" before settling down and doing some schoolwork. Once I finished with that I watched the last two episodes of Spartacus. Now I can't wait to watch the original series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand".

This concludes a Friday night (a pretty boring one spent in my room)

Overheard Quote: "I want to speak English when I grow up" (My KATUSA roommate said this and was totally serious. He was talking about how he likes English better than Korean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment